Tuesday, February 19, 2013

High School Drama

Hey guys!  So currently everyone is just freaking out, because everything that happens this year will affect next year and our freshman experience.  Since I live in Montgomery County (the number one county in the U.S!), we have tons of high schools near us.  I had the option of seven high schools.  And apparently that's great, more options, you can find the best high school for you.  But I think that it's just stressful...  I applied to an IB (International Baccalaureate) program, and a Communication Arts Program.  And I didn't get into either of them.  So once I found out I basically rolled up into a ball and cried my heart out.  And I was so depressed that the schools said that I wasn't smart enough to go there, when other kids where told that they were smart enough to get in.  I kept thinking that they sent me the wrong letter, I mean how could they not want me, I'm amazing!  But either way, I guess that I won't be going to those schools.  So I have to go to the little school that has no specialty programs.  So since I'm trying to look on the bright side of all of this, this high school has the best music program, by far and maybe my amazing alto sax skills can land me a spot in their award winning bands.  So I was going to the audition and the band director said that I could be in their symphonic band and their jazz band, without even auditioning! Apparently he has a lot of faith in my musical skills. I will be in two of the best bands in the county next year. So the worst isn't looking so bad right now. So just remember that the worst isn't going to end up that bad in the end. And wish me luck because while everything's working out great right now, I will be starting next year as a band geek. Hopefully that will work out... See y'all later!


No comments:

Post a Comment