Saturday, April 27, 2013

My One Of A Kind, Ingenious Idea

Hey guys!! So I have have been writing this book for a while now, and all the ideas keep flowing, until I hit the usual bump of writing block that we all hit every once in awhile.  Most of the other teen writers that I know choose to not write down their ideas, lose those million dollar ideas in three seconds flat, and hit more writer's block bumps than usual.  Is that normal for everyone?? I keep notebook after notebook with me 24/7, so I guess that I've never really thought about losing ideas.  But then again, I also have this skeleton thing, that I think is totally ingenious, but I've been told otherwise.  So my skeleton idea is just where I make box after box on this gigantic piece of paper (I usually end up taping together pieces of paper, until you have one gigantic piece of paper the size of one of the walls in my bedroom and then tape them to the wall).  I thought that it was a one of a kind idea, but apparently it's pretty much the same as storyboarding for a movie or something.  But unlike storyboarding, I don't draw what's going to happen, I write out what's going to happen.  I just write down the main idea of what will happen in each chapter.  So it's a skeleton, because it has the basic structure, but it doesn't have the details, like a skeleton without muscle or skin.  This really helps me out, so hopefully it'll help you out too!!!  Plus, I like how with my skeletons I just write on my walls.. See y'all later, and happy writing!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment